March 16, 2020
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
RE: Bedford County Action in Response to COVID-19
The Bedford County Commissioners have issued a Declaration of Emergency which permits the County to begin operational changes as needed to respond to the extraordinary events occurring due to the coronavirus pandemic.
At this time, the County of Bedford will be continuing regular county operations with some modifications:
- The public is asked to limit visits to the courthouse to essential business only. Please utilize phone calls, emails and postal mail whenever possible. Information can also be accessed on the County website at www.bedfordcountypa.org.
- No outside groups or organizations will be permitted to reserve rooms until further notice.
- We have also restricted travel for our employees.
- The correctional facility has suspended visitation for an initial period of two weeks due to the potential spread of COVID-19.
- The County maintenance staff is taking extra precautions to ensure high standards of sanitation throughout the facility.
We continue to monitor the situation as it unfolds and adjust responses accordingly. We are communicating with Bedford County Emergency Management, the Pa. Department of Health, the Pa. Emergency Management Agency and Southern Alleghenies EMS Council and others. New information will be communicated with the public on an ongoing basis.
Encl: Declaration of Emergency